Wednesday, July 30, 2008

amnimals


So, here are some sketches (finally) from my trip to the zoo -- which was really fun& interesting. I got to see a different part of (outer) Columbus. It was really big& new and also next to a water park (a little tacky) and a golf course--all part of the zoo. Parking& admission were cheap, hooray. And I got to drive through some rural areas that reminded me a lot of Fresno due to their massive developments& brand new shopping centers. But there were also cute main streets that looked some what old (from atleast the 70s.)

My day at the zoo was a very chill experience. I dropped my ipod in the rhino pit. Other than that - super chill. I would like to do this again - evidently they have a jazz night at the zoo regularly. The thought of sketching while listening to live jazz just sounds awesome. Yes, zoo again soon (preferably without dropping ipod into animal cage). Cheesy as it sounds - I'd really like to bring Adam or perhaps ELAINE my sketching buddy^^

2 comments:

e-ling said...

Um, YEAH, I'll totally go with you next time. Or... now. YEAH.

looks good, I really like the flamingos, such weird birds. And is that a red panda?

So uh, did you get that ipod back or was that lost for good?

kt chae said...

yeah. flamingos. they were mad smelly tho -- i hate birds.

the red pandas were SO cute but the cutest thing was this thing called star bear or something. it was so weird and cute. and little.

the ipod was retrieved by a zoo associate. woo hoo. he had on safari clothes and was driving around a mini truck. haha.